Ms. Toledo's Favorite Store




Ms. Toledo's favorite clothing store is American Eagle. You can find these stores at the local mall or outlet. She loves their sweaters, flannel shirts, jeans, and tank tops. They also sell very nice jewelry and sunglasses. She loves shopping there because there are stores close to her house, they have good sales, and she doesn't like to spend a lot of money. Ms. Toledo likes to go to American Eagle on the weekends. She loves shopping very much.

clothing store: place of business where clothing is for sale
local: belonging to a particular area
sweater: knitted garment with long sleeves
jewelry: accessories, often valuable or expensive
sunglasses: glasses meant to block the sun from eyes
sales: discounts at stores

Vocabulary Exercise:


Grammar Point: Pronouns

Pronouns are nouns that replace proper nouns or noun phrases. If you are talking about another person, you can use a pronoun without having to say their name several times in a row. For example, I am talking about my mother. I could say, "My mother is nice. My mother is gentle. My mother likes the color orange. My mother is 63 years old." If I replace "my mother" with "she," a pronoun, my speech sounds more natural and is easier to produce. "My mother is nice. She is gentle. She likes the color orange. She is 63 years old."



Write 3 sentences with pronouns.

Comments

  1. Very good blog! I think many students can relate to shopping at their favorite store. I think the vocabulary words you picked were great for students to understand this blog. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your confession to loving shopping and American Eagle. I have never been in the store. Your point about pronouns is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Planet Earth

Days of the Week

Supermarket